Tuesday, November 30, 2010

THE SHARK OF DOOM
written by Kohl Smith (Jubilee Writing Club)
One day my friends and I went for a boat ride.We heard on the radio that the "shark of doom" got out of it's cage, but we didn't think it was real. About two hours later the boat shook. My friend Matthew said in movies when the boat shakes it's because a shark bumps into the boat. I said, "well I hope there isn't a shark because if there is a shark then I'm never swimming these waters again!" Then my friend Fred said "do you believe that a shark ran into the boat". Me and all of my friends said "no". We kept on going until the motor stopped! We all said what is wrong with this boat, first the boat shook twice then the motor stopped what can happen next. So there we where on a boat with a broken motor.''Now how are we supposed to get home'' said my friend Bob? Then the boat shook again. We still don't know what was making the boat shake but what ever it is it's getting anoying. While me and my friends try to think of a way to get us out of here.We where thinking for about one hour until Matthew said, ''don't we have a rescue boat in the back of the boat''. So we got the rescue boat in the water and started the engine and set sail. Then I realized that we don't know how to get home. Then Fred said I brought my compus. I said "I guess were not lost, we followed the compus and then the boat shook again and shook the compus right out of my hands now we're lost for sure .A few miles ahead we saw alot of fog and we didin't know if there was rocks or ocean ahead. We had no choice we sailed right through. When we got out of the fog there was blood in the water and there was a hole the shape of a sharks mouth. I said ''where's Fred." We couldn't find him anywhere.Then Matthew said, "I think the shark of doom ate Fred."

Chapter two!!!

Then a shark came out of the water and almost got a hold of Matthews arm. I took the stearing wheel and turned the boat and the propelers kept hitting the shark. But that didn't hold it off for a long time, the shark of doom ate the motor off. I found a sharp piece of metal in the water I picked it out of the water and poaked it's eye out, but it was still alive. So I kept on poaking it until it swam away. We coudn't sail the boat because we have no motor. Bob gave me and Matthew a life jacket. I said ''why did you give use a life jacket.'' He said, "because we're going to jump into the ocean and swim to shore.'' "Are you crazy'' said Matthew you saw what's out there if we do that where going to end up just like Fred. I said ''that's a pretty good idea that Bob came up with." So we ended up jumping in the water, it was cold, really cold.''I don't know where im going to get all the energy to do this but any way lets do this.'' I said. So we swam and swam until we found a stranded boat we swam to it and set sail. Then the shark of doom came back for more. On the boat I found dinomite, so I took something that could float, put the dinomite on it and put it in the water beside the shark. It detonated and blew the sharks tail off. But we only had one stick of dinomite and it was still alive. The shark kept trying to eat us. So I drove the boat forward, the shark of doom was following us. I put the boat on full speed but the shark was right behind us. We saw a explosin device at the back of the boat. I said, ''if we can get the shark to bite it the shark of doom will explode''. I told Matthew to get the explosive device on the boat I put some meat on it and put it back in the water.The shark of doom blew up and we sailed into shore!

...the end?

2 comments:

  1. Lesson from your story: There is always a solution to any problem you encounter, and it seems especially when you need it the most. Never say 'I'm doomed".
    Well done, Kohl.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete